WITH THE PRACTICE?
We normally accept as new patients individuals who:
• have moved into the practice area from outside
• have moved within the practice area and find that the Hungerford Medical Centre is now closer to their
• are partners or family members of existing patients living in the same household.
We will not hesitate to remove patients who:
• are violent or abusive, including racist behaviour
• use or condone threatening or violent behaviour
• repeatedly fail to attend appointments with no reason given
• cause damage to the premises
• steal from the premises, staff or other patients
• obtain drugs and/or medical service fraudulently.
To register with us you will need to complete a short form. You can do this at the desk or take it away and then return it once completed. A relative or friend may complete the form on your behalf but you must sign it unless you are happy for them to do so. It is very helpful if you can provide the full name and address of your previous GP.
If you have friends or family from outside the area who become unwell while visiting you, they can be seen for emergency treatment at the surgery.